The 6505 1992 Original is the result of extensive research and development to produce the ultimate rock 'n' roll guitar amp, featuring super rock crunch, harmonic-rich sustain and screaming metal drive like you've never heard from another amp.
Originally developed with and for Edward Van Halen !
Peavey's classic high-gain legacy continues with the 6505® II.
Like the original 6505® head, the 6505 II offers two channels. However, the 6505 II adds separate EQ, Resonance and Presence controls to each channel, giving you more control and flexibility.
The new footswitch provides foot control of channel selection, effects loop, and the newly added ability to select the Crunch feature. Now you can instantly obtain that extra gain in the Rhythm Channel with your foot and never have to take your hand off the guitar.
Finally, the Clean Channel has been added, completely redesigned to sound much cleaner and has one 12AX7 devoted to just the Clean/Crunch.
This is the undisputed go-to guitar amplifier for scores of rock, hardcore and metal bands.
- 120 watts output power
- Six 12AX7 preamp and four 6L6GC power amp tubes
- Two distinct tube channels with footswitch control
- LED "active" indicators for each channel
- Bright switch for Rhythm channel
- Crunch switch on Rhythm channel with footswitch control
- Separate equalizer sections for each channel
- Separate power amp controls (Resonance and Presence) for each channel
- Separate preamp controls (Pre and Post Gain) for each channel
- Standby power switch
- ias test points on rear panel
- Effects loop with footswitch control
- 1/4" Preamp output jack
- Speaker impedance selection switch (4, 8, 16 ohm)
- Two parallel 1/4" speaker output jacks
- Universal AC Input Selector for worldwide use
- Metal three button footswitch with detachable 25' cable