The 6505 1992 Original is the result of extensive research and development to produce the ultimate rock 'n' roll guitar amp, featuring super rock crunch, harmonic-rich sustain and screaming metal drive like you've never heard from another amp.
Originally developed with and for Edward Van Halen !
This is the undisputed go-to guitar amplifier for scores of rock, hardcore and metal bands.
For its raw tone, relentless power and road-proven reliability, the 6505 features five 12AX7 preamp tubes and four 6L6GC power amp tubes, with presence and resonance controls and three-band EQ for taming its notorious tone.
These features, combined with its classic ultra-high gain preamp capabilities and monstrous 120 W power section, result in an amp with awesome stage presence and enough volume for any gig.
For maximum flexibility, a footswitchable effects loop, preamp output and bright/crunch voicing switches (rhythm channel) have also been included.
Because of its singular design and distinguished tone, the 6505 is in a category all its own.
- 120 watts (rms) into 16, 8, or 4 ohms (switchable)
- 2-channel preamp switchable on front panel or remote footswitch
- Rhythm channel: pre-/post-gain, bright and crunch switches
- Five 12AX7 preamp tubes and four 6L6GC power amp tubes
- Channels share 3-band EQ
- High and low gain inputs
- Presence and resonance controls
- Switchable post-EQ effects loop
- Preamp output
- Footswitch included
- Lead channel: pre-/post-gain
- Universal AC Input Selector for worldwide use